- Advising on registrability
- Monitoring use and publication of design
- Application and registration of design
- Advising on protection of design
- Opposition and appeal in respect of design application
- Litigation in relation to infringement of design
- Drafting and recordal of design assignment and licensing agreement
Designs can be registered for a wide range of products such as jewelry, watches, computers, mobile phones, other electronics and accessories. Registered designs usually refer to the shape or configuration of products including the look of the products themselves, packaging, ornament or pattern.
Registered design owners have the right to prevent others from manufacturing, importing, using, selling or hiring the design product. If, without the owner’s consent, ,other people use it in the course of trade or business in relation to the same or similar articles, they may be liable for infringement of your design and you may take legal action against him.
Term of protection
Protection period: in different regions / countries, from 10 to 25 years from the date of application.