- Advising on registrability
- Monitoring use of copyright
- Registration of copyright
- Advising on protection of copyright
- Litigation in relation to infringement of copyright
- Drafting and recordal of copyright assignment and licensing agreement
Copyright is the right given to the owner of original works. Such works include literary works like books, computer software, musical works, artistic works such as drawings, paintings and sculptures, sound recordings, films, broadcasts, arrangement of published editions of literary, dramatic or musical works, as well as performers’ performances. Works available for access on the Internet environment are also protected. A simple item as simple as a photograph taken by an ordinary person in daily life is also copyrightable.
Owners of their works have the rights of copy, publication, import, export and use of their works for commercial purpose. They also have the right to prohibit other parties’ infringing acts. The copyright owners can take both civil and criminal against infringers.